This guide will show you how to:
- Create a digital menu
- Change display settings
- Choose how customer can interact with the menu
- Enable ordering
- Set up notifications for the menu
- Publish the menu
- Share menus
The Nutritics Digital Menu display is intended for use by Food Businesses, providing a front-of-house view where your customers can browse your menu and make better informed meal choices very efficiently without staff involvement. Click here to see a sample digital menu now designed for tablets and tvs.
The digital menu is updated in real time as you make changes to your recipes, thus avoiding versioning issues associated with printed menus and allergen lists. They can be displayed on your own on-site tablets or TV’s, or they can be accessed on the customers own smartphone by scanning a unique QR code. Customers can filter menus by their dietary requirements and menus can be translated to different languages.
1. In order to create a digital display, you will first need to create a menu by following the steps in our guide on creating a menu. Your digital menu display is based on the content of your menus created during this step.
Pro Tip: It is a good idea to add photos to recipes that will be used on your customer facing digital menus. This will ensure there is a strong visual element to your menu
2. Open your menu and click the slider icon in the top right corner of the page to manage the display options and settings for the menu.
Within the settings menu, there are several tabs that allow for the customisation of the menu:
Choose the information to be displayed on paper and digital menus
- Enable calories and allergen information, an ingredient list and front and back of pack nutrition information.
- Choose the look of the menu e.g. apply a light or dark theme and select how many menu items or ‘tiles’ are displayed in each line.
- Enter a disclaimer to be displayed on all menu items
Decide whether to display photos on the menu. When photos are not included the menu item will be collapsed until clicked on:
Decide whether to ‘Show Therapeutic Meals as Standard’ on your menu. Therapeutic meals are items tagged with a group in Nutritics such as #renal, #diabetic etc. If this is switched off, special items will be hidden until a patient under this grouping is selected.
Type in a welcome message/instructions to display to customers when the menu is loaded. Use the toolbar to format the text. Click on the picture frame icon to upload an image.
- Choose how customers can interact with the menu.
- Interactive mode allows customers to scroll through the menu and click on menu items for more information and is recommended where menus are being displayed on touchscreens. Untick this option is your menu will be displayed on a digital display or TV that is not a touchscreen.
- Tick ‘Allow users to go back to the list of menus’ to allow customers to exit the current menu they are viewing and browse all published menus e.g. you might want to allow your customer to exit the bar menu and look at the restaurant menu.
- Tick ‘The screen resets to the list of menus’ and the menu will return to the list of published menus after a period of inactivity. Enable a ‘featured items’ screensaver and menu items will flash on screen when the menu is left idle.
- Select the type of orders accepted, i.e. delivery, eat-in and take-away
- Set the default order type (this will be the first option loaded by default when the customer is placing their order) and select the contact information required from the customer to complete their order.
- For more on ordering for the food industry see here, and for ordering in a clinical setting see here.
Publish your menus so staff and customers can view and interact with your menus on a digital display.
- Staff login can be enabled from this tab. Staff members can be assigned pin codes that grant them access to menus. Pin codes can be assigned by clicking on the 'add staff' shortcut or from the outlet settings accessed by clicking on the cog icon in the top right corner of the screen < settings < ordering.
- Enable order summary for staff to prompt an order review before placing
- Menus are made live from the publishing tab using the drop-down. Choose if the menu is published immediately or schedule a date and time for the menus to go live. Click here for more information on scheduling menus.
- Live menus have an orange circle beside the menu title in the Nutritics explorer and on the digital button in the menu workspace.
- Click on the digital button to preview your digital menu
- Tick 'Show this menu in Libro smartphone app’ to publish the menu in Libro and allow Libro users to browse the menu on their smartphone
Choose how the menu will be accessed by customers in the ‘sharing’ tab.
Copy and paste the menu URL to display the menu on a website, tablet or other displays
Embed the menu on a website using the code provided by clicking 'Embed'
Alternatively, display the QR code online or at an outlet for customers to scan and access the menu
3. Once satisfied, click the 'digital' button in the toolbar at the top of the page to preview how the digital menu will look
4. Click on the menu name in the digital menu view to go back to a list of live published menus and all the inactive menus previously created.
Alternatively, access this list by entering the URL www.nutritics.com/menu/USERNAME on any device.
Menus can moved from live to inactive by drag and drop. Your customers won’t see menus in the ‘Other Menus’ section.
Pro Tip: Add a background image of your store or kitchen to give your digital menus display a more professional finish – just click the ‘Add Background Image’ button at the bottom right of the screen.