This guide will show you how to:
- Create a digital menu
- Change display settings
- Choose how customer can interact with the menu
- Enable ordering
- Set up notifications for the menu
- Publish the menu
- Share menus
The Nutritics Digital Menu display is intended for use by Food Businesses, providing a front-of-house view where your customers can browse your menu and make better informed meal choices very efficiently without staff involvement. Click here to see a sample digital menu now designed for tablets and tvs.
The digital menu is updated in real time as you make changes to your recipes, thus avoiding versioning issues associated with printed menus and allergen lists. They can be displayed on your own on-site tablets or TV’s, or they can be accessed on the customers own smartphone by scanning a unique QR code. Customers can filter menus by their dietary requirements and menus can be translated to different languages.
1. In order to create a digital display, you will first need to create a menu by following the steps in our guide on creating a menu. Your digital menu display is based on the content of your menus created during this step.
Pro Tip: It is a good idea to add photos to recipes that will be used on your customer facing digital menus. This will ensure there is a strong visual element to your menu
2. Open your menu and click the slider icon in the top right corner of the page to manage the display options and settings for the menu.
Within the settings menu, there are several tabs that allow for the customisation of the menu:
- Choose the information to be displayed on paper and digital menus e.g. menu item prices, calories and allergen information, an ingredient list and front and back of pack nutrition information.
- Select 'Show Calories' to include calorie information for your dishes. This will show the portion description and serving size directly from the recipe workspace on recipes with more than one portion or serving size. It will also add the standard ‘Daily Reference Intake’ statement to your menus.
- Choose the look of the menu e.g. apply a light or dark theme and select how many menu items or ‘tiles’ are displayed in each line.
- Enter a disclaimer to be displayed on all menu items.
- Choose how customers can interact with the menu.
- Interactive mode allows customers to scroll through the menu and click on menu items for more information and is recommended where menus are being displayed on touchscreens. Untick this option is your menu will be displayed on a digital display or TV that is not a touchscreen.
- Tick ‘Allow users to go back to the list of menus’ to allow customers to exit the current menu they are viewing and browse all published menus e.g. you might want to allow your customer to exit the bar menu and look at the restaurant menu.
- Tick ‘The screen resets to the list of menus’ and the menu will return to the list of published menus after a period of inactivity. Enable a ‘featured items’ screensaver and menu items will flash on screen when the menu is left idle.
- Select the type of orders accepted, i.e. delivery, eat-in and take-away
- Set the default order type (this will be the first option loaded by default when the customer is placing their order) and select the contact information required from the customer to complete their order.
- For more on ordering for the food industry see here, and for ordering in a clinical setting see here.
- Choose if the menu is published immediately or schedule a date and time for the menus to go live.
- Live menus have an orange circle beside the menu title in the Nutritics explorer and on the the digital button in the menu workspace.Within the settings menu, there are several tabs that allow for the customisation of the menu:
- Choose how the menu will be accessed by customers in the ‘sharing’ tab. Libro is an app designed to track diet, exercise and lifestyle goals. Libro users log their diet and exercise on the app and receive analysis reports and feedback from their nutrition professional directly to their phone. Publish menus to Libro to allow Libro users to browse the menu on their smartphone.
Pro Tip: Attaching your Google Maps business location to your profile from Menu>Settings>Your Profile will make your live published menus available to public users who use Libro smartphone app. your dishes and menus will be presented as local suggestions that suit their dietary and nutrition requirements.
Tick 'enable sharing' and copy and paste the menu URL to display the menu on a website, on a tablet or other displays; embed the menu on a website using the code provided or display the QR code online or at an outlet for customers to scan.
3. Once satisfied, click the 'digital' button in the toolbar at the top of the page to preview how the digital menu will look
4. Click on the menu name in the digital menu view to go back to a list of live published menus and all the inactive menus previously created.
Alternatively, access this list by entering the URL www.nutritics.com/menu/USERNAME on any device.
Menus can moved from live to inactive by drag and drop. Your customers won’t see menus in the ‘Other Menus’ section.
Pro Tip: Add a background image of your store or kitchen to give your digital menus display a more professional finish – just click the ‘Add Background Image’ button at the bottom right of the screen.